Tuesday, May 18, 2004

The Liberal Controlled Media?

THANK GOODNESS!
 
I've been forced to listen to more and more conservative talk radio lately.  The talk radio stations in Houston have realigned their schedules to concentrate more conservative shows at the same drive time slot.  So, instead of listening to someone with some credibility and sense, like Sam Donaldson who I really liked, I now hear Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, or local prank-monkey Chris Baker.  Here's a puzzle for the right-wingers, Riddle Me This: If Liberals Control the Media, why are Conservative Talk-Shows the only ones on the radio?
 
I will admit sometime I think these guys have legitimate concerns and thoughts....after all a broken clock is correct twice a day....but for the most part they are parrots and limp-minded runny butts.  They all ape Rush Limbaugh, who is really the undisputed king of conservative talk radio.  I actually used to enjoy Rush, and despite the fact that he is full of bloviation  the sounds of his borborygmus rants sometimes cause me to laugh uproariously (a hazard when I am in traffic).  I actually think Rush is more entertaining and doesn't really take himself seriously...I sure don't.
nbsp;
NOW! a new website published by former conservative mouthpiece David Brock and others, is a welcome relief from the verbal diarrhea free-flowing from their mouths.  Consider Media Matters for America, a watch-dog group that lists the libel, slander, and unsubstantiated vituperation from the right-wing.  Check out the site!
 
Back to Rush.  You know, I was looking over his list of drugs....of course he smokes cigars, and thus I feel a sort of brotherhood with the man and will not disparage him for this...Hydrocodone, Lorcet, and OxyContin, all of them narcotic analgesics that can affect the central nervous system causing lightheadedness and a false sense of well-being.  How seriously can you take a man who sat in a chair behind a microphone and criticized people like Ted Kennedy for his alcohol abuse, Bill Clinton for his sexual tomfoolery, and any number of other so-called liberals for any of their weaknesses?  I remember something once said by Jesus:
 
"Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."
 
I found that in Matthew 7 of my bible, of course, it may not be in the Conservative Bible
 

No comments: